Follow Volusia County Moms on Twitter.
Trying to decide what type of birthday party to have for your child? No problem!
Here's 14+ birthday party ideas you can do in the Daytona Beach area! This list started out as 14 birthday party ideas, but it has grown and more things keep getting added!
1. Miniature Golf. What kid doesn't like to play miniature golf? Most of the miniature golf places around the Daytona Beach area, such as Congo River, offer a birthday party option.
2. Arts and Sciences. Hold a birthday party at Whim Wham in Ormond Beach. The kids can paint their own beautiful masterpiece that they can take home with them (e.g., a ceramic mug, statue, etc.). Or throw a Mad Science birthday party.
3. Get wet. Especially if the birthday will be in the summer months, your kid will appreciate a birthday party that gets them in water. Check out what the Daytona Logoon, located in Daytona Beach, for birthday party packages, which include arcade and water time.
4. Bounce away. If you want to have it in your own yard, but want to keep the kids busy, rent a bounce house, like those offered by Willen Entertainment. It will keep kids busy for hours. You can also have an indoor bounce party at That One Fun Place, located in South Daytona.
5. Paint them. For the older kids, you may want to consider something like paint ball. Places like Daytona Beach Paintball offer birthday party options.
6. Race away. For those kids ages 7-14 who are Nascar race fans, you can hold a birthday party with the Daytona 500 Experience.
7. Skate parties. For the kids who like skating or hockey, you can plan a skate, ice skating, or hockey party. Check out the options available through Skate City, in Daytona Beach, and the Daytona Ice Arena.
8. Skater party. Have a skateboard fan in the family? You can throw a skateboard party at the Stone Edge Skatepark in South Daytona! Check out the park's site for information.
9. Pottery or art parties. If your kid likes to do art projects, you can throw a pottery party, where all the kids can paint their own ceramic or art piece to take home. Whim Wham located in Ormond Beach, and Clay Pigeons in DeLand. Or, you can bring the pottery to you! Ms. Teri, the plaster fairy, will bring all the plaster pieces and supplies to your home for a party.
10. Strike! Did you know that area bowling alleys, such as Bellair Lanes in Daytona Beach, and Ormond Lanes, in Ormond Beach, offer birthday party options? They do! So your youngsters can bowl (even bumper bowl for the youngest kids) and party at the same time.
11. Nature parties. Cracker Creek, located in Port Orange, offers a variety of birthday party options, including a Snow White themed party, pirate themed party, and outdoor adventure party. What could be better than an eco-tour boat ride for your group! You can also throw a birthday party at the Marine Science Center, located in Ponce Inlet.
12. Speed parties. Go-kart parties can be a fun and fast way for older kids to enjoy their day. Check out the birthday parties offered through the Daytona Beach Speed Park.
13. Gym parties. If your child likes gymnastics, you can have a fun and active party. Check with your local gymnastics provider for options. Places like The Little Gym, located in Port Orange, offer birthday party packages. In West Volusia, Fit Club Gymnastics offers an indoor gym birthday party that features a 40 ft tubmle trak, 2 bounce houses, and a foam pit.
14. Surf parties. Have a kid who loves to surf? Throw a surf party! The Pure Life Surf School in Daytona Beach offers surf party options. The parties can be held in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, Wilbur by the Sea, Ponce Inlet, and New Smyrna Beach. Visit the Pure Life site for more info.
Find additional birthday party options here.
A swimming party is also a fun way to spend a birthday. If you don't have a swimming pool, rent a hotel room and hold the party at the hotel pool. Some hotels don't have a problem with this, but you can always call ahead to confirm it is acceptable. You can also call the YMCA to see if you can arrange for a swimming party at their pool (the Port Orange YMCA offers a birthday party option for their pool).
Another idea is to have a cookie decorating party at Grammy K's Desserts in New Smyrna Beach. The kids will decorate their cookie and take it home. If you want something unique, check out Magic Milk Sand Art's birthday parties, Whim Wham, or Clay Pigeons. And don't forget about having a face painter there or a clown!
Another fun idea is to have a stand up paddleboard birthday party (here for more info). Another great summer idea is to have a birthday party at the Daytona Cubs game, where Cubby will help throw a birthday party bash.