Looking for indoor activities on a hot day? No problem! There are plenty of indoor places to check out. This will give your kids a chance to play, but will help you beat the heat, too.
Here are some indoor activities in the Daytona Beach and surrounding areas:
2. Build something. Take the kids to iBuild Academy, located in Orange City, where they can explore STEM activities.
3. Whim Wham Art Studio. Located in Ormond Beach, you can stop in and paint some pottery.
4. Daytona International Skateway. Located in South Daytona, this is an indoor ice arena that offers open skate times and classes, including skate lessons.
5. Lyonia Environmental Center. This place is free to get into and they offer some great learning opportunities. There are monthly classes, hikes, and more.
7. Marine Science Center. Located in Ponce Inlet, this is mostly indoors, although there are some animals and a short nature walk you can take outdoors. The kids can see and learn about some marine wildlife and see the turtle rehabilitation center.
8. Marine Discovery Center. Located in New Smryna Beach, they have touch tanks and offer a variety of classes and hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
9. Museum of Arts & Sciences. Located in Daytona Beach, this museum also offers a dedicated children's area. They have a planetarium, art exhibits, and more.
12. Bowling. There are a few bowling alleys in the area that you can find here. Also, you can sign your kids up for "Kids Bowl Free," where they can get free bowling over the summer. Read my review of the program here.
14. Open Gym. Check with some of the local places that offer gymnastics, as some do offer open gym time.
15. Go to the library. Our library system offers many wonderful free indoor programs. From reading programs and lego times to storytimes and more. Check their ongoing calendar here.
16. Slot cars. Invest in a slot car for your child and take them to The Race Place, located in Daytona Beach. They can race it on the indoor track.
17. Indoor swimming. Check out the indoor aquatic center at Daytona State College, which is open to the public.
18. The Hub on Canal. Located in New Smyrna Beach, they offer a variety of classes and workshops for kids, including things like painting and Spanish.
19. Learn about nature. Visit the Environmental Discovery Center in Ormond Beach.
21. Take classes. There are many indoor classes that the kids can take that will keep the busy, having fun, and learning something. These include dance, gymnastics, martial arts, and more.
22. Southeast Museum of Photography. Located at the Daytona State campus in Daytona Beach, you can take the kids to see some photography. They also offer classes.
23. Museum of Art. Located in DeLand, you can take the kids to look at art. They also offer family art days.
26. Lyonia Environmental Center. Located in Deltona, they offer exhibits that children can learn from, as well as classes where they can learn about everything from birds and snakes to bears and more.
28. Gillespie Museum. Located at Stetson University in DeLand, kids can check out the gem museum. They also offer classes for kids.
30. Pioneer Settlement. Located in Barberville, there are 18 old buildings and 10,000 artifacts your kids can check out to learn about life for settlers.
31. African American Museum of the Arts. Located in DeLand, this museum will give kids a chance to learn about African American cultures and art.
32. Go see a play. Introduce your kids to live theater by taking them to one of the area theaters, including Athens Theatre, The Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach, the Daytona Playhouse, or the Children's Music Theatre Workshop.
33. Stetson Mansion. Located in DeLand, take the kids on a tour of the Stetson Mansion.
34. DeBary Hall. Located in DeBary, take the kids on a tour of the historic DeBary Hall.
35. The Casements. Located in Ormond Beach, take the kids on at our of the winter home of the late John D. Rockefeller.
36. Take the toddlers to Awesome Blossom indoor toddler play pace in Orange City!
37. If you have a child who likes cars, stop by Hanksters, located in South Daytona, so they can check out the hot rod museum.
Page last updated: 5/20/17