On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 there will be National Night Out events taking place in several cities throughout Volusia County. This is a family friendly event that is free and gives people the opportunity to meet their local law enforcement officers. There will also be local organizations, discussions, demonstrations, youth events, and more.
Here are the details regarding the individual cities:
• Earl Brown Park and the Sanborn Activity Center, 750 S. Alabama Ave., DeLand, along with the DeLand Police Department, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. More info: 386-943-7866. Get the flyer here.
• Deltona City Hall, 2345 Providence Blvd., Deltona, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. More info: 386-860-7030.
• The Florence K. Little Town Hall, 12 Colomba Road, DeBary, with the DeBary Volunteer Fireman’s Association, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. More info: 386-668-2040 ext. 323.
• The Port Orange City Center Complex, 1000 City Center Circle, hosted by the Port Orange Police Department, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• The Sunshine Mall, 2400 S. Ridgewood Ave. #15, South Daytona, with a parade hosted by the South Daytona Police Department. Refreshments served starting at 5:30 p.m., with a parade line-up starting at 6:30 p.m. The event ends around 8:15 p.m.
-Orange City - get the details here.
- Ormond Beach - Everyone is invited to OBPD's National Night Out Tuesday August 4 from 6pm-9pm @ the Nova Rec Center, 440 Nova Road for fun! Face painting, bounce houses, prizes and more! Admission is FREE!
- Holly Hill- Please join the City of Holly Hill Police Department on the front lawn of City Hall, 1065 Ridgewood Avenue, Holly Hill for National Night Out. Have the opportunity to speak to the Officers, staff, and elected Officials one-on-one, get a first hand look of the inside of the City's patrol vehicles, a tour of the Police Department, various activities for the children, food vendors, face-painting, bounce houses, Shooting Range and Slide bounce houses, free raffle for prizes. To be held at 1065 Ridgewood Avenue in Holly Hill.