Follow Volusia County Moms on Twitter.
1) What is the Volusia County Birth Network?
VCBN provides a place for parents to find local pregnancy, birth and family related service
providers and post reviews of these providers. It is also a place for local pregnancy/birth and family professionals to list their services.
2) Who would benefit from using this site?
VolusiaCounty families and businesses relating to pregnancy, birth and families.
3) Where did you get the idea of creating this site?
Seeing other birth networks helping their local communities.
4) What is your mission with it?
To promote and support the health and well-being of mothers, babies and their families, by creating a place that gives families the confidence that the professionals listed believe in the normalcy of the birthing process, and to empower families with knowledge, so that they can make educated decisions about their care.
5) If there was one thing you wanted expecting mother's to know, what would it be?
They have choices in childbirth!!
6) What do you find the most challenging aspect leading up to the birthing process?
Tuning out negative people that think birth is a medical emergency that needs to be managed.
7) What is one thing you recommend people take to the hospital or birthing center that they usually forget?
8) How many kids do you have?
Four total: 3 boys, ages 20, 15 and 4. And one girl, 18 months.
9) What did you crave during your pregnancy?
It was different with each pregnancy but usually things I shouldn't be eating. Pizza, hot dogs, Krystal burgers, mashed potatoes, and Strawberries.
10) What's your favorite pregnancy-related magazine or book?
That's a hard one. There are so many great books. "The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer.