So we are getting our fair share of rain. That's nothing new for the Daytona Beach area. But that doesn't mean you have to sit around bored and have nothing to do. Rainy days are a great time to take things indoors and still keep the kids entertained and interested.
1. Stay home. You don't have to leave your house on a rainy day, of course. There are plenty of things you can do indoors, including reading, writing stories, baking something, making an art project, watching a movie, build a fort, or playing board games.
2. Visit a museum. Rainy days are great for visiting museums, where you would typically stay indoors. Check out the Museum of Arts & Science in Daytona Beach, the Southeast Museum of Photography, the Lyonia Environmental Center in Deltona, or the Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet.
3. Check out chocolate. A rainy day makes for an ideal time to stop by the Angell & Phelps and take the chocolate making tour.
4. Go ice skating. Stop by the Daytona Ice Arena and try ice skating. Even if you don't know how to ice skate you will have a lot of fun (and they have walkers to help you out so you don't fall).
5. Go to the movies. There are always at least one kid's movie that is playing. Check out what's playing in your area and head to the theater. If it's Tuesday, you can plan to get in on the $1 movies that are offered.
6. Go bowling. There are several bowling alley's in the area, including in Daytona Beach, New Smryna Beach, and Ormond Beach. Plus, if you sign up for the kids bowl free promotion your children can bowl some free games.
7. Visit friends. Call up a friend and go have a play date, or have them over to your house for one.
9. See reptiles. Take the kids to the Reptile Discovery Center in DeLand. It's a great way for them to learn about reptiles.
10. Go to the library. Our library system is a great place to take kids to. There are children's sections, activities, books, movies, games, and more. You will always find something fun to do at one of the library's in the area.