Have someone who wants to start babysitting, or already does and hasn't had a course to teach them some safety skills? Second Wind CPR & Safety offers babysitting boot camps. They are offered a couple of times per month and at various locations in the county.
Contact Second Wind CPR & Safety for the next dates for the babysitting boot camp. The babysitting course Includes CPR/First Aid, first responder training, babysitting business planning, basic care and feeding. This is a fun and interactive program with a 2-year certification from the American Heart Association.
This course will cover:
- Babysitting as a business (Getting started)
- Safety and injury prevention (telephone safety, personal calls and texting, hazards, SIDS awareness)
- Leadership (being in charge, negotiations, conflict resolution, setting boundaries)
- Play time (keeping kids entertained, tips for various age groups, staying involved)
- Basic caregiving skills (hand washing, feeding infants and children, diapering, infant sleep practices)
- First aid (recognizing an emergency, cuts and scrapes, caring for burns, choking)
Call for further information or to get signed up, call 386-299-4425, or visit the Facebook page here. Second Wind also offers adult CPR, pet safety training, fire safety training, OSHA training, and more. Contact them for more information regarding training for you or your employees.
Here are some pictures from a recent babysitting boot camp class: