Things to do with Toddlers in the Daytona Beach area and beyond
Have toddlers? Whether you are visiting the Daytona Beach area with toddlers or you live here, there are plenty of things you can do to keep them entertained. Here are some activities you can do in the Daytona Beach area with toddlers:
- Museum of Arts and Science - Located in Daytona Beach, they offer a children's museum area, as well as special classes and events.
- The Library - The Volusia County Public Library system offers wonderful classes for kids of all ages, including toddlers. Check with your local branch to see what their calendar of events includes.
- Marine Discovery Center - Located in New Smyrna Beach, they offer a Sea Squirts program for toddlers and preschoolers, as well as touch tanks, eco-boat rides, classes, and more.
- Marine Science Center - Located in Ponce Inlet, they offer special programs for kids, have touch tank, animals being rehabilitated, and more.
- Lyonia Environmental Center - Located in Deltona, they offer exhibits, guided hikes and classes. There are monthly events geared toward toddlers and preschoolers.
- Take a hike - There are many good places that the family can take a hike, no matter what the age of your children may be.
- Light House Children's Museum
- Visit a park - There are plenty of nice parks in Volusia County. They offer playgrounds, some have splash pads, and are nice places to meet up with friends and/or have a picnic.
- Central Florida Zoo
- Eco-boat ride - These are offered at the Marine Discovery Center, Cracker Creek, and DeLeon Springs.
- Go to the beach
- Play mini golf
- Daytona Lagoon - A fun place that is open during warmer months. They do offer a kid's area, where toddlers can play in the water.
- See a movie. Every summer there are local movie deals, such as $1 per movie, at select theaters.
- Reptile Discovery Center - Located in DeLand, this place has lots of reptiles and a short nature walk. This is an activity the whole family will enjoy.
- Bowling - Toddlers can bowl if they are using bumpers and a kid's ball. Just talk to the bowling alley about setting this up when you arrive.
- Angell & Phelps - Located in Daytona Beach, this chocolatier allows tours, giving the kids a chance to see how chocolate is made. They can also taste it at the end.
- Cracker Creek - Located in Port Orange, this place offers eco-boat rides, kayaking, and more. There are also beautiful peacocks roaming the land, which kids love to see.
- Take swimming classes
- Take classes in music, dance, or sports (including golf, soccer, and baseball)
- Play at the toddler area at the Volusia Mall.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.