Looking for indoor activities on a hot day? No problem! There are plenty of indoor places to check out. This will give your kids a chance to play, but will help you beat the heat, too. Volusia County offers many indoor activities for kids and families. The summer months are the perfect time for keeping it indoors.
Here are some indoor activities in the Daytona Beach and surrounding areas:
2. Summer sports. Check out what indoor sports are being offered this summer at DME Sports Academy.
4. Daytona Ice Arena. Located in South Daytona, this is an indoor ice arena that offers open skate times and classes, including skate lessons. Kids can cool off and learn to skate or show off their skills.
5. Build something. Take the kids to iBuild Academy, located in Orange City, where they can explore STEM activities.
6. Ace Gymnastics. Located in Port Orange, they offer open gym Friday's and Preschool Stay and Play times each week.
7. Marine Science Center. Located in Ponce Inlet, this is mostly indoors, although there are some animals and a short nature walk you can take outdoors. The kids can see and learn about some marine wildlife and see the turtle rehabilitation center.
8. Marine Discovery Center. Located in New Smyrna Beach, they have touch tanks and offer a variety of classes and hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
9. Hit the slides. Head to Daytona Lagoon for a fun time splashing around. VCM readers save on admission!
12. Bowling. There are a few bowling alleys in the area that you can find here. Also, you can sign your kids up for "Kids Bowl Free," where they can get free bowling over the summer. Read my review of the program here.
13. Games. Family Fun Town, located in Orange City, offers indoor game opportunities. Daytona Speed Park also offers indoor games. Game Time in Daytona Beach offers plenty of indoor games and family fun. Daytona Lagoon also offers indoor fun and games.
14. Museum of Arts & Sciences. Located in Daytona Beach, this museum also offers a dedicated children's area. They have a planetarium, art exhibits, and more. They offer free admission the first Tuesday of each month.
15. Go to the library. Our library system offers many wonderful free indoor programs. From reading programs and lego times to storytimes and more. Check their ongoing calendar here.
16. Slot cars. Invest in a slot car for your child and take them to The Race Place, located in Daytona Beach. They can race it on the indoor track.
17. Indoor swimming. Check out the indoor aquatic center at Daytona State College, which is open to the public.
18. The Hub on Canal. Located in New Smyrna Beach, they offer a variety of classes and workshops for kids, including things like painting and Spanish.
19. Learn about nature. Visit the Environmental Discovery Center in Ormond Beach.
21. Take classes. There are many indoor classes that the kids can take that will keep the busy, having fun, and learning something. These include dance, gymnastics, martial arts, and more.
22. Southeast Museum of Photography. Located at the Daytona State campus in Daytona Beach, you can take the kids to see some photography. They also offer classes.
23. Museum of Art. Located in DeLand, you can take the kids to look at art. They also offer family art days.
25. Angell & Phelps. This chocolate factory is located in Daytona Beach and offers free tours, giving kids a chance to see how the chocolates are made. Read my review here. Take a taffy factory tour at Zeno's.
26. Lyonia Environmental Center. Located in Deltona, they offer exhibits that children can learn from, as well as classes where they can learn about everything from birds and snakes to bears and more.
28. Gillespie Museum. Located at Stetson University in DeLand, kids can check out the gem museum. They also offer classes for kids.
30. Pioneer Settlement. Located in Barberville, there are 18 old buildings and 10,000 artifacts your kids can check out to learn about life for settlers.
31. African American Museum of the Arts. Located in DeLand, this museum will give kids a chance to learn about African American cultures and art.
32. Go see a play. Introduce your kids to live theater by taking them to one of the area theaters, including Athens Theatre, The Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach, the Daytona Playhouse, or the Children's Music Theatre Workshop.
33. Stetson Mansion. Located in DeLand, take the kids on a tour of the Stetson Mansion.
34. DeBary Hall. Located in DeBary, take the kids on a tour of the historic DeBary Hall.
35. The Casements. Located in Ormond Beach, take the kids on at our of the winter home of the late John D. Rockefeller.
36. If you have a child who likes cars, stop by Hanksters, located in South Daytona, so they can check out the hot rod museum.
37. Play some indoor games at Game Time!
39. Take a step back to the 80's for some old school pinball and arcade games at the Daytona Arcade Museum.
Page last updated: 5/22/19