Moms are usually so busy meeting all the needs of their children that they rarely take the time to think about going out on date nights. But date nights are important for couples, no matter how many children they may have. The good news, too, is that there is no shortage of date night ideas in the Daytona Beach and beyond area.
Here are ideas for your date night in the areas of Daytona Beach, Port Orange, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, and beyond:
- Theatre. There are some wonderful small production theatres to consider going to in the area. Check their schedule to see what is scheduled for your date night. Several possible options include the Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach, the Daytona Playhouse, and The Peabody.
- Boat tour. Take a dinner and river cruise in New Smyrna Beach. For one price you get the cruise and dinner. Cracker Creek in Port Orange offers a sunset boat tour. Inlet Harbor, located in Ponce Inlet, offers a scenic boat tour in the evening.
- Kayaking. Ponce Inlet Watersports offers kayaking, paddleboarding, tours, and more. Rent a kayak or paddleboard for your date night. You can also get some friends together to take an airboat ride tour in West Volusia. You can also take a moonlight kayak tour offered by the Marine Discovery Center, or head down to beautiful Merritt Island to take a bioluminescent kayak tour.
- Comedy Club. A comedy club is a great date night. In Daytona Beach area you can catch comedy club nights at Bonkerz Comedy Club, and Cinematique. If you are interested in going over to Orlando there are several comedy clubs to choose from (lots of night life going on downtown), including the SAK Comedy Club, which is an improv show.
- Be flexible. See what's going on at Thank You Five in Port Orange. They offer comedy shows, plays, open mic nights, and more.
- Cosmic bowling. Bellair Lanes offers cosmic bowling on Friday and Saturday nights. You can also go bowling at Ormond Lanes and Sunshine Bowling in DeLand.
- Painting. A lot of people like to attend painting nights together. You can take one of these classes at Whim Wham Art Studio in Ormond Beach, Art Rageous in Port Orange, or with One by One Designs. You will have a fun time and take home some art work.
- Independent theater. While you already know about going to the regular theater, many people don't know about Cinematique, located in Daytona Beach. This gem offers a variety of events to check out, including theater movies, stand up comedy, poetry slam nights, and more. It's a great little theater where you sit at tables and can eat while taking in the entertainment. Check their schedule to see what will be going on. And before the show, stop by and have dinner at Zen Bistro, and then stroll along Beach Street.
- Karaoke. Numerous places off karaoke nights, including Ocean Deck, Ormond Lanes, and Mulligan's in Port Orange. Whether you sing or just watch others, it's a fun night.
- Hiking. Depending on the time that you get started on your date night, you can take an evening hike. Follow that up with a gourmet picnic. You can find numerous local hiking destinations here.
- Skating. It's probably been years since you were on roller skates. Make a night of it at Skate & Shake in Ormond Beach. Another great option is to go ice skating in South Daytona at the Daytona International Skateway. Don't worry if you don't know how to ice skate. They have walkers there you can use to help get you started.
- Darts. Go play some darts on your date night. If you need some darts, stop by Dave's Darts. There are dart boards at places such as Bellair Lanes in Daytona Beach, Yaya's in Daytona Beach Shores, and Merk's in New Smyrna Beach.
- SunRail ride. If it's a Friday night you can go on a SunRail date night. Take the SunRail to the Winter Park stop. When you get off there at the terminal you will see a great little shopping district across the street. Take about a 15 minute walk down the road and you can catch a scenic boat tour (last one leaves at 4:00, so you would want to do this first). After your boat tour, walk the street checking out the stores and find a restaurant to dine at. Then hop back on the SunRail to make your way back this way.
- St. Augustine. It's a little bit of a drive, but you can have a great date night going to St. Augustine. Take a trolley ride and stroll along St. George Street, where you can shop, explore, and dine.
- Climbing. You can climb to the moon at the lighthouse in Ponce Inlet. They have select dates throughout the year that it is offered, which is when the moon is at its fullest. You can find the dates here.
- Take a class. Take a class together, such as cooking, yoga, or dancing.
- Hit the water. Take a stand up paddle sunset or wine and cheese tour in New Smyrna Beach with New Smyrna Beach Stand Up.
- Check Groupon. There are often Groupon deals available that can be used for dates nights, including those for restaurants, shows, and entertainment.
- Check the events calendar. See if there are special events, festivals, and other activities that may be of interest. Find the calendar here.
There are so many ideas when it comes to having a great date night. Whether you stay here in Volusia County, head to St. Augustine, or you go to Orlando for the night, we are within an hour or so of a lot of options. This is just a sample of the possibilities that exist. Whether you go dancing, to a concert, or to a professional sports game, just do something and make it a great night. The most important thing to do is get out there and have some fun! And if you need a babysitter so you can plan your date night, be sure to check the VCM babysitter directory.