5 Tips for Choosing Where to Move in the Daytona Beach Area
by: Jacqueline Bodnar
If you are thinking of moving to the Daytona Beach area you are not alone! Many people move to this area and for good reason. It’s a beautiful place that features year-round pleasant weather, and it’s close to an awesome beach. What’s not to love about living in the Daytona Beach area? But one thing people have difficulty with is deciding where in the Daytona Beach area to move to. After all, there are plenty of places to choose from!
The Daytona Beach area is in Volusia County, which has a population of just over half a million people, as of 2013. The residents are spread out from Ormond Beach in the north part of the county, to Oak Hill in the south and over to DeBary in the west. There are a lot of places to choose from if you want to live in the Daytona Beach area, without actually living within the Daytona Beach city limits.
Here are 5 tips for choosing where to move to in the Daytona Beach area:
- Determine what type of community you want to live in. By this, decide how close you want to live by the beach. If you want to live within a 15 minutes or so drive from the beach, you can start to narrow your search down to the East Volusia area of the county.
- Take schools into consideration if you have children. Even if your children are not yet school age you want to make this a high priority. Kindergarten will be here before you know it, and you don’t want to regret the area you choose to move to because of the school they are zoned for.
- Consider what your budget is, because that is going to determine what areas will be available to you. Some areas of the county cost more than others, so having a budget in mind will help you be able to narrow down your search faster.
- Weigh the benefits of first renting a home or apartment, before making a purchase. Even if you are just going to rent for six months it will give you an opportunity to check out the cities in the county and then decide where you want to purchase your home.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you are not sure about things. Working with a knowledgeable real estate agent, who knows the area well, is a great way to find out more about the cities. Another option is to send in your specific questions to be posted on the Volusia County Moms Facebook page. That way you can get real feedback from those living in the community.
When you are considering relocation there are a lot of things to consider, especially if you have a family. These are a just a few of the things that you will want to keep in mind when planning your move to the Daytona Beach area. The more preparation you do in the beginning, the better things will be once you arrive! If you need a real estate agent to help you navigate your move to the Daytona Beach area, contact Joey G!