One of the great things about living in Florida is that we get wonderful fall and winter seasons. The temperatures during that time of the year are perfect for getting outdoors, exploring, having fun, and soaking up the goodness of nature. Whether you live in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, DeBary, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach or beyond, you are in luck. There are some great outdoor hiking, biking, and camping opportunities in Volusia County and beyond. Whether you prefer to stay right in Volusia County or you don't mind driving a little, you will find a lot of great places to explore. There are so many wonderful benefits of spending time in nature. You benefit mentally, physically, and can use the time to create great family memories.
Hiking season in Florida is generally around October through April. Some of the best hiking is from November through March. The temperatures are usually perfect for outdoor activities, so the bugs are minimal, the rainy season is behind us, and everything looks beautiful. Whether you want to hike, bike, or camp, you will find some great suggestions below of where to do it nearby. You will find some other fun activities to do this fall and winter, too!
- Great Places to Hike Near Daytona Beach / Volusia County
- Mountain biking trails in Volusia County
- Great Places to Camp Near Daytona Beach / Volusia County
- Great Paved Biking Trails in and Near Volusia County
- Rent a Kayak at Cracker Creek in Port Orange
- Kayak at Tomoka State Park in Ormond Beach
- See the manatees at Blue Spring State Park in Orange City
- Sign up for an Explore Volusia outdoor activity
- Have a beach bonfire
- Stand up paddleboarding and eco boat tours
- Fourth graders get into parks free pass
This fall and winter get outdoors with the kids and have some fun. There are plenty of outdoor activities throughout Volusia County and beyond. One of the perks to living in this area is that we get great temperatures throughout fall and winter and can do a lot of outdoor activities. Hiking, biking, camping, and more are all waiting for you to get out and explore!