Florida will be offering a Back-to-School Tax Holiday from August 7-9, 2020!
During this time, you can get all of your school related supplies and goods without having to pay taxes on them. You can save the taxes on such purchases as clothing, footwear, and backpacks costing $60 or less, school supplies costing $15 or less, and the first $1000 of the sales tax price of personal computers or personal computer-related accessories. Many stores around Volusia County will be participating, so score some deals!
During this sales tax holiday period, Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as
discretionary sales surtax) will be collected on purchases of:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item,
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and
• Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item,
when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This sales tax holiday does Not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• Books that are not otherwise exempt;
• Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes;
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or