What is Webster’s Technique?
Sacral misalignment can contribute to a difficult birth due to uterine nerve interference, pelvic misalignment, and the tightening and torsion of specific pelvic muscles and ligaments. The resulting tense muscles and ligaments and their effect on the uterus may prevent the baby from comfortably assuming the best possible position for birth. The correction of sacral subluxation through Webster’s Technique can have a positive effect on all causes of a difficult birth.
What will the doctor do?
The doctor will perform a Chiropractic analysis and gentle adjustment of the mother’s sacrum. The doctor will work on the joints, muscles, and ligaments that surround the woman’s uterus in order to decrease tension, increase space, and create optimal positioning of the baby for birth.
What are the benefits of Webster’s Technique?
- Pelvic balance is improved, allowing the baby’s ideal positioning
- Facilitates a more comfortable pregnancy
- Allows optimal space for the baby to grow naturally
What is a Doula?
By definition, a Doula is “a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a mother before, during, and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.” DONA (Doulas of North America)
What will a Doula do?
- Suggest/perform physical, mental, and emotional comfort techniques during labor
- Assist the mother in creating a birth vision to outline her ideal birth
- Remain with the mother throughout the entire labor and birthing process
- Gather and provide information for the mother to ensure she is fully understanding throughout each step of the labor and delivery
- Honor the mother’s desires
What are the benefits of having a Doula?
- 50% drop in cesarean sections
- 25% reduction in length of labor
- 40% less need for augmentation with oxytocin
- 30% drop in need for pain medication
- 40% less use of forceps
- 60% fewer requests for epidurals
Klaus, M.H., Kennell, J.H., & Klaus, P.H. (1993). Mothering the mother: how a doula can help you have a shorter, easier, and healthier birth.
*Special offer pricing good through March 2019.