Looking for things to do while you are waiting out the passing of COVID-19 closures and cancellations? There are some things you can do that will keep you having fun, being active, and making memories. While it's recommended that you avoid attending large gatherings (social distancing), there are plenty of things your family can still do.
This list was created when the advice from the CDC was to have groups of no more than 50. Now, the recommendation is groups of no more than 10. Therefore some activities may not qualify, depending on how many people are there.
Here are some things you can do in and around Volusia County that will involve little to no crowd:
- Take a hike
- Take a family bike ride on a paved trail
- Try a mountain biking trail
- Go camping (state parks have closed down camping)
- Go kayaking or canoeing
- Invite a friend over for a Lego party, trivia party, movie party, etc.
- Do tie dye with the kids
- Teach the kids to cook/bake something (let them pick the recipe)
- Make a scavenger hunt for the kids to do
- Have a movie/popcorn night
Have some ideas to add? Please comment with the ideas!
Page four of the executive stay at home order for Florida (below) states that you CAN still go hiking, biking, swimming, running...