The purpose of the camp is to assist young people in improving their baseball skills and developing proper playing habits. The companionship of other players and the learning of sportsmanship and related athletic values are additional benefits.
The camp staff is committed to individualized instruction in basic skills such as: hitting, bunting, base running, sliding, throwing, fielding, cut-offs, relays, pitching and much more. Each daily session will include drills to help players correct faults and/or to perfect the skills they are developing, as well as competitive game situations to develop on the field experience.
AGES: Open to all boys and girls ages 6-17 years old
COST: $125.00 Checks made payable to Titans Athletic Boosters Club
- Jake Norman – Camp Director, Head Baseball Coach – University High School
- Chad Hathaway – Assistant Baseball Coach/Pitching Coordinator – University High School
- Wayne Gilkey – Assistant Baseball Coach/Hitting Coordinator – University High School
- Kenneth Hartless – Assistant Baseball Coach/Junior Varsity Coach – University High School
- Present and Former University High School Baseball Players
MORE ABOUT THE CAMP:
- Quality facilities with two game fields, cages, soft toss area, batting tee stations, two bullpen areas
- Diversified instruction in all aspects of the game
- Video analysis of all hitters
- Structured, daily format to take full advantage of instructional time
- Individualized attention
- Exposure to solid, experienced coaching staff
- Campers will be drilled, instructed, and scheduled to play with members of their own age and skill level
- Competitive game situations each day
- Free camp T-shirt
- Camp awards in fielding, throwing, hitting, running, and hustle
There will be a (30-minute) lunch break midway through the session each day. Pizza, drinks, and snacks will be on sale.
ITEMS TO BRING:
Baseball cleats Tennis shoes Athletic socks
Baseball pants/Sweat pants Baseball glove and/or mitt Extra T-shirt
Athletic supporter/protective cup Batting gloves Bat (if possible)
Batting helmet (if possible) Catcher’s gear (if possible)
Campers will not be permitted to leave the school campus during the session, unless released to a parent/guardian and signed out with the camp director. Use of tobacco products, illegal drugs and/or alcoholic beverages on school property is strictly prohibited and will result in dismissal from camp without a refund of the camp registration fee.
Please submit all registrations via email or mailed to University HS by May 23rd to guarantee a T-shirt for camp. We will register the day the camp starts as well. Get registration information here.